Since the search was for Dad, I let him have a lot of the input as to where he wanted to go. This community was nice. We liked it a lot. The community appeared clean and well-maintained. The staff was nice, friendly, and professional.
Young Again - How Good Friends Dial Back the Aging Clock in Senior Living Back
Friends are the key to life as we age. They provide companionship, excitement, and support. Friends can help keep your health on track and make you feel young again. At Harbison Shores, we promote good relationships and strong friendships because friends are family.
Friends are good for the mind and body. Research shows that friendships improve physical and mental health. Studies have found that such relationships lower blood pressure, reduce the risk of heart disease, sharpen memory, and improve sleep. Friends motivate each other to live a healthy lifestyle and adopt healthy habits. Social connections improve the odds of living longer.
Whether you live in assisted living or memory care, there are plenty of ways for everyone to meet new people.
- Participate in our various daily planned activities. Check out our monthly event calendar for all of the activities occurring at Harbison Shores all day every day.
- Dine in our elegant dining room. Enjoy chef-prepared, restaurant-style meals each day in the dining room, and never worry about eating your meal alone.
- Get your blood flowing in a fitness class. Whether you prefer to take a walk, work on your flexibility, or use light weights, we have classes designed for your ability.
- Join a club that focuses on your favorite hobby. Clubs such as gardening and religion bring those with similar interests together to bond.
- Take the bus on a scheduled outing. Meet up with your friends and take the bus on a planned and scheduled outing in Irmo, South Carolina.
There are countless ways to meet new people and build new friendships at Harbison Shores. Nurturing friendships take effort at any age but getting involved in all of the opportunities that we offer helps provide the setting and socialization for the friendships you need. Good friends lead to good times, and that is one of our favorite things about the lifestyle here at Harbison Shores.